Monday, May 4, 2009

How To Tune And Peak 148 Gtl

Crumbs Art St. Ives St. Ives

Leaving aside for a moment the big names that are part of the artistic history of St. Ives and art history in general, in this post I would like to talk briefly about a young English painter who I got to know one rainy afternoon in downtown St. Ives: Hannah Cole.

Walking on cobblestones polished rain and making way through the motley crowd of tourists in their raincoats, suddenly I stopped at the window of Whistlefish Gallery in St. Ives, the center of which stands a large print in soft colors and stroke expert, but deliberately naive and almost childlike, that showed a cute dog that looked at the sky from the roof of an old Volkswagen van parked on the sand. It was love at first sight, an attraction that prompted me to cross the threshold of the shop and browse among the various prints for sale, many of whom work for, to me unknown, artist Hannah Cole. Thus I had to discover that the painter always put a dog, but not always the same dog in the middle of their work, sometimes as a hero, sometimes as a spectator, but always as a narrator of snapshots of St. Ives brush so that its ably could capture. I could not exactly explain why, perhaps only a matter of light and color, perhaps for the choice of a language deliberately "simple and understandable, but I immediately felt that no photograph taken by me or by others, no postcard purchased No other painting of other good artists could never sum up the essence truest and purest of my holiday in Cornwall the best paintings of Hannah Cole.

Once back in Italy, since then had not put in a suitcase, I ordered via internet Whistlefish Gallery three prints of Hannah Cole, who are now hanging in the hall of my house and every day admiring, manage to make me feel good ...

I invite you to look at the site of the artist and the gallery:



0 comments:

Post a Comment